Darkchilde

Star Trek news

Oberon

So will I!!! Να κάνουμε δικό μας πλήρωμα, τι λέτε?? Τι απίστευτα γραφικα!!

LocutusGR

Εννοείται Διονύση!!!!!!

Κανονίζουμε να μπούμε όλοι στον ίδιο server και Engage! Warp Speed!

Spock

Ασφαλώς και θα κάνουμε δικό μας πλήρωμα! Τέλεια!!!!!!!!!!

Spock

lol!!! :rofl2: :roflmao:

Thanks Deodonus!

Spock

YouTube has agreed to remove clips of CBS-owned shoes from its service, including all Star Trek material. The demand for removal came after Viacom, parent company of CBS, and YouTube failed to reach a deal that would allow such content to remain.

Κρίμα... Ευτυχώς προλάβαμε να περισυλλέξουμε και να σώσουμε σε flv αρκετά πολύ καλά και μερικά εξαιρετικά από αυτά.

Deodonus

Από το λήμμα Borg:

"We are Microsoft of Borg. Windows encountered a problem whilst assimilating you, click below to send us an error report."

Γενικά η Uncyclopedia είναι ένα διασκεδαστικό μέσον να περνάς τις ατελείωτες ώρες σου στο internet. ;)

Oberon

Χεχεχεχ. Όντως έχει πλάκα και ενδιαφέρον η uncyclopedia.

btw, ένωσα το τόπικ του Deo με το παρόν, αφού έχουν το ίδιο θέμα. Διάφορα περίεργα και νέα για το Σταρ Τρεκ που βρίσκουμε στο Ιντερνετ. :)

Darkchilde

Και ποιος δεν το έχει σκεφτεί:

If only I had a transporter

Spock

Πράγματι...

Spock

A Star Trek-themed apartment in the UK has been sold on eBay for almost half a million pounds (over 800,000 USD) - five times the property's market value. Owner Tony Alleyne decorated the apartment in Leicestershire, UK, himself, and it has now been bought by an anonymous British businessman. The Trek-themed interior of the apartment and the report of its sale can be seen in this BBC News video

DinoHajiyorgi

Ρίξτε μια ματιά και στο site ενός φίλου:

http://www.stephenmanley.org

Edited by Darkchilde
Διόρθωσα το Link

Oberon

A, το θυμάμαι Ντίνο που μας το έλεγες για το φίλο σου όταν είχαμε πάει για μπύρες μετά το Trek Night το Μάρτιο! Ωραίος!! :D

Xρόνια Πολλά και στον Ρενέ!

Edited by Dain

Spock

spacer.gif

from startrek.com

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news...415.html?page=1

Steve Jobs: "Just Give Me Star Trek!" At the Wall Street Journal's recent "D: All Things Digital" conference in Carlsbad, California, computer moguls Bill Gates and Steve Jobs made a rare appearance together to be interviewed and to answer questions, and the topic of technology inspired by Star Trek came up.

As the last question of the session, an audience member said, "We all share a common science-fiction experience ... where we all could communicate without being in the same place," and thanked Jobs and Gates for providing community platforms such as chat rooms. However, "It's a far cry from these things that we see on Star Trek at the holodeck. What kinds of things can you imagine that are part-way there that could be much better than the three-window iChat that we might see in the next five or 10 years?"

Gates began by joking, "Well, I know Steve's going to announce his transporter..." And then Jobs replied, "I want Star Trek. Just give me Star Trek!"

To answer the question more seriously, Gates continued, "I think, short of the transporter, most things you see in science fiction are, in the next decade, the kinds of things you'll see — the virtual presence, the virtual world that both represents what's going on in the real world and represents whatever people are interested in — this, y'know, movement in space as a way of interacting with the machine. I think the deep investments that have been made at the research level will pay off with these things in the next 10 years."

Jobs' answer was broader: "I don't know! And that's what makes it exciting to go into work every day ... This is an extraordinarily exciting time in the industry, and lots of new stuff happening, so I can't even begin to think of what it's going to be like 10 years from now."

You can see the video (part 7 of 7) at this link — the above exchange takes place in the last two minutes of the 19-minute video. Also, a transcript of the whole session is available at this link.

Oberon

Για δες ο Billy μας. Τον συμπάθησα ξαφνικά. :tongue:

Darkchilde

From Sci-Fi Wire:

Fans Invited To Write Trek Story

Star Trek actors George Takei and Wil Wheaton and writer Andre

Bormanis have teamed up with FanLib.com and CBS Interactive for Kirk

vs. Picard, an event in which fans will be invited to write pieces

of a new online Trek narrative.

The event, which kicks off June 13, marks the first time that CBS

has ever allowed the use of Star Trek characters for an official

online fan-writing event, organizers said.

The storyline will require that Capt. James T. Kirk be pitted

somehow against Capt. Jean-Luc Picard.

Takei (Sulu) and Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) will act as online "hosts"

for the endeavor. Bormanis will moderate and help fans navigate the

site.

Writers of winning scenes and several other winners will be featured

prominently online during the event and will win prizes, including a

trip to Las Vegas with a VIP tour of Star Trek: The Experience,

Apple MacBook computers, an Apple iPhone and Star Trek merchandise

and memorabilia

Oberon
Thousands commemorate 1947 UFO 'crash'

By MARK EVANS, Associated Press Writer

Sun Jul 8, 7:34 AM ET

ROSWELL, N.M. - If you truly believe a UFO and its crew of bug-eyed aliens came crashing down here 60 years ago, rest assured: You're not alone. At least 35,000 people have descended on Roswell this weekend for the 2007 Amazing Roswell UFO Festival to commemorate a purported flying saucer crash on a nearby ranch in July 1947. Participants have filled hotel rooms and nearly doubled the southeastern New Mexico town's population for a few days. ADVERTISEMENT

The festival, which began Thursday, is a mixed bag that includes live concerts (one headlined by a band with a computer-generated 'alien' drummer), costume contests, a Main Street parade and a slew of lectures that ponder everything from body snatchers to "What Does NASA Really Know?"

The festival emerged in the 1990s to spark debate about the purported flying saucer crash, which the government says was a top-secret weather balloon. Believers in the Roswell Incident say the government is conspiring to hide the truth about the events of that day and, more broadly, the existence of extraterrestrial life.

Al Dooley, 59, of Seattle, said he wasn't sure what happened back then, but came to the festival to learn more. He was nestled into a seat at a convention center auditorium, eager to hear a talk on "UFO Files from the UK and Government Surveillance of Ufologists."

His wife Nancy sat nearby, visibly less interested. She was waiting for the festival to be over so the couple could move on to the next leg of their vacation in Sedona, Ariz.

"I didn't come for the carnival atmosphere. I came to listen to the speakers," Al Dooley said. "I wanted to hear what serious and educated discussion there is."

Although he's not certain whether an alien craft crashed here, he might have seen one himself in 1968 or 1969, he said.

Michael, who plays guitar in a rock band called Element 115 and doesn't use his last name, said he doesn't merely believe the crash happened. "I KNOW it," he said, as he handed out a business card.

Michael said he hoped Element 115 would one day be the house band for a huge theme park being debated here — featuring amusement rides, a concert hall and a 300-room hotel that looks like a flying saucer.

"I want to help them with that," he said. "I see millions and millions of dollars in this place — they just need to know how to market it right."

The city's convention center was swarming with vendors hawking trinkets and dolls, photo ops with costumed aliens, psychic readings and a kit to test whether your neighbor or boss is from outer space. Many peddled their books, DVDs or artwork of all things otherworldly.

Chase Masterson, a singer and actress, was signing autographs for fans who remembered her role as Leeta on several episodes of "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine."

"I am having a very interesting time exploring the theories that are set forth here," she said. "Some are completely outrageous but some are very intriguing." ***

The festival was being organized for the first time by the city of Roswell, after the local UFO museum hosted it for more than a decade.

Mayor Sam LaGrone said he was happily surprised by the turnout — and the economic boost it would give the city.

"I've never seen so many cars in town," he said.

*** Άστα αυτά, κυρία Leeta. Πάλι ο άντρας σου ο Rom έμπλεξε με τον αδελφό του τον καρα-Ferengi τον Quark σε κάποια απατεωνιά και κατέληξαν ξανά στο Roswell όπως την πρώτη φορά! Το Rom ψάχνεις να βρεις στο Roswell του 21ου αιώνα, και τα υπόλοιπα τα ακούμε βερεσέ! :lol:

("Little Green Men" ST: DS9, 4th season).

Edited by Dain

Spock
*** Άστα αυτά, κυρία Leeta. Πάλι ο άντρας σου ο Rom έμπλεξε με τον αδελφό του τον καρα-Ferengi τον Quark σε κάποια απατεωνιά και κατέληξαν ξανά στο Roswell όπως την πρώτη φορά! Το Rom ψάχνεις να βρεις στο Roswell του 21ου αιώνα, και τα υπόλοιπα τα ακούμε βερεσέ! :lol: ("Little Green Men" ST: DS9, 4th season).

LΟΟOL!!! :rofl2: :lol: :thmbup:

DinoHajiyorgi
post-1004-1184219541_thumb.jpg

RObiN-HoOD

http://www.yourgreeknews.com/070717/

Born to Greek parents in the UK, actress Marina Sirtis is best known for her role as the definitive brunette bombshell, Counselor Deanna Troi, in seven seasons and four movies of Star Trek: The Next Generation, as well as roles in feature films such as Crash, Blind Date and InAlienable. Anastasia caught up with the proud hellene while she was making a guest appearance at the Polaris 21 Convention.

Spock

I looove that woman!

Oberon

Θεά η Μαρίνα. Ποσώς με απασχολεί οτι υποστήριζε την Αγγλική ομάδα στο ποδόσφαιρο και όχι την Ελληνική, μ'άρεσε που την άκουσα για πρώτη φορά να μιλά Ελληνικά και ανακάλυψα και ένα πράγμα που προτιμώ στον 21ο αιώνα από τον 24ο. Τα ντεκολτέ! :D

Στεφ, κι άλλες τέτοιες συνεντεύξεις όπου και να τις πετύχεις! Thanks! ;)

Spock
και ανακάλυψα και ένα πράγμα που προτιμώ στον 21ο αιώνα από τον 24ο. Τα ντεκολτέ! :D

Το οποίο στην προκειμένη περίπτωση ήταν... ας το πω απλά ΦΑΝΤΑΣΤΙΚΟ!!! :D

Spock

Star Trek Heads to Mars!

On Saturday morning, August 4th, 2007, NASA launched the Phoenix lander to Mars aboard a Delta II rocket. In addition to its payload of eight scientific instruments designed to search for ice in the polar regions of the Red Planet, Phoenix also carries a very special DVD.

The DVD, provided by the Planetary Society, has a collection of art, literature, and sounds, all celebrating humanity's fascination with the Red Planet. The collection includes the dedication plaque for the Starship Enterprise-D, as seen on Star Trek: The Next Generation. In Star Trek lore, each starship has a commemorative plaque on its bridge, indicating the ship's name, home port, and other important data. The plaque was designed by series graphic artist Michael Okuda. The plaque says that the Enterprise-D was (or will be) built at Starfleet's "Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards" on Mars. It is this connection to the Red Planet that earned the image a place in what has been described as the first library to be sent to Mars.

Other Star Trek connections to the "Visions of Mars" DVD include the voice of actor Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard), introducing and narrating an audio segment titled "Mars Radio," and the cover painting for a 1975 issue of Analog Magazine by Star Trek senior illustrator Rick Sternbach. The collection also includes a poster for the 1964 Paramount film "Robinson Crusoe on Mars," as well as work by noted astronomical artist Chesley Bonestell, cosmonaut Alexi Leonov, science-fiction illustrator Frank Kelley Freas, and Chuck Jones, the "father" of cartoon character Duck Dodgers. The text portion of the collection includes works by Ray Bradbury, Carl Sagan, H.G. Wells, Arthur C. Clarke, Kim Stanley Robinson, and Original Series writer Theodore Sturgeon.

The disk was edited by noted space artist Jon Lomberg, who had previously worked on the famous "message from Earth" record carried by the Voyager space probes. Lomberg said that Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry once told him that "people in science fiction have a kind of partnership with the space program. They supply the hardware. We provide the dreams."

The Phoenix spacecraft is expected to take 10 months to reach Mars. It is planned to land on May 25, 2008 in the Red Planet's northern polar region. If successful, Phoenix will use an 8-foot robotic arm to dig into the Martian soil to look for ice. Instruments on board Phoenix will analyze the ice to look for signs of organic compounds. It is part of NASA's long-term goal of determining if conditions on Mars were ever suitable for sustaining life.

For more information, you can check out the "Visions of Mars" collection. A list of art, recordings, and written works in the collection can be found here.

More information about the Phoenix lander and other NASA missions to Mars can be found here. Also, please see the Phoenix Mars Mission site for further information.

Also, be sure to check out the Planetary Society, a non-profit space advocacy group.

With thanks to Mike Okuda