Sign in to follow this  
DinoHajiyorgi

RIP: Αντίο Lwaxana!

DinoHajiyorgi

Τραγική ημέρα σήμερα για τον κόσμο του Σταρ Τρεκ. Η Majel Barrett-Roddenberry, η χήρα του Gene, γνωστή στους φανς ως Νοσοκόμα Chapel, η ορίτζιναλ Number One, ως Lwaxana Troi και ως η φωνή κάθε κομπιούτερ της Ομοσπονδίας, σε κάθε ταινία και σειρά, μας άφησε σήμερα το πρωί σε ηλικία 76 ετών μετά από μακροχρόνια πάλη με την λευχαιμία.

post-1004-1229704940_thumb.jpg

Majel Barrett-Roddenberry

February 23, 1932 - December 18, 2008

post-1004-1229705455_thumb.jpg

post-1004-1229705466_thumb.jpg

post-1004-1229705473_thumb.jpg

Edited by DinoHajiyorgi

Spock

Δεν το πιστεύω.................................

May you go where no man has gone before, Majel.........................

Farewell.......................

Oberon
:o :o :o :crybaby:

Oberon

"My mother truly acknowledged and appreciated the fact that 'Star Trek' fans played a vital role in keeping the Roddenberry dream alive for the past 42 years. It was her love for the fans, and their love in return, that kept her going for so long after my father passed away."

— Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry, Jr.

http://www.roddenberry.com/

Edited by Dain

Spock

Πολύ γλυκό και συγκινητικό αυτό..... Θα μας λείψεις, Majel...

tetartos

Πραγματικά δυσάρεστο νέο... Ελπίζω να ξαναβρέθηκε με τον άντρα της και να σχεδιάζουν καινούριες σειρές... where no woman has gone before...

nikosal

Ήταν μια από τις πιο γλυκές γυναίκες του σταρ τρεκ... Και είχε πολλές γλυκές γυναίκες το σταρ τρεκ...

Darkchilde

Πραγματικά ένα λυπηρό γεγονός. Αντίο, Majel Barrett - Roddenberry.

Oberon

Στη διεύθυνση share@roddenberry.com μπορεί κάποιος να στείλει συλλυπητήριο μήνυμα για τη "φυγή" της Majel Barrett.

Έστειλα και γω το παρακάτω. Mushy, yet sincere...

My most heartfelt condolences for the loss of the incomparable Majel Barrett-Roddenberry.

She was as much part of Star Trek as Gene himself. She was always there and I loved her.

Lwaxana embodied all the joy and happiness of the Trek dream, of that future we'd all like to become reality.

She was the "Aunt Mame" of Star Trek and for me she was the smile on my face when tears were welling up in my eyes. Her presence always made me feel better no matter how sad I felt at times.

I wish I had had the opportunity to meet her in real life, in a Convention and tell her how much I loved everything she had done for Star Trek, everything she was.

I'm so sorry she is gone. I can't look at the stars tonight, but tomorrow a new star bearing her name will be shining up there. For all eternity.

Sincerely

Dion Tzavaras

Athens, Greece.

aristofanoula

Αντίο Majel...:(

Να και ένα βιντεάκι που βρήκα πριν από λίγο

Edited by aristofanoula

Oberon

Το παρακάτω είναι ένα email που έλαβα προχτές από το http://www.roddenberry.com σαν απάντηση στο δικό μου μήνυμα που έστειλα. Δεν είναι προσωπική απάντηση φυσικά, αλλά δείχνει έμπρακτα την αγάπη των ανθρώπων αυτών για τους φανς, όπως και το πόσο *αληθινός* άνθρωπος ήταν η Μajel Barrett!

Flag this message

Re: From a long-time Trekker from Greece.

Friday, December 26, 2008 11:24 PM

"Roddenberry" <share@roddenberry.com>

Add sender to Contacts

To:

cadmilos at yahoo dot com

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and condolences. Your kind words and sentiments mean a lot during this difficult time. The Roddenberry's appreciate the fact that they can share their loss with close friends as well as their extended Star Trek family.

Your email will be reviewed by the Roddenberry Family at their earliest convenience. Information regarding the memorial service can be found below, or at www.roddenberry.com.

Happy Holidays.

MAJEL BARRETT RODDENBERRY MEMORIAL SERVICE

Sunday, January 4, 2009 at 10:00 AM

(Please arrive by 9:30 AM).

Forest Lawn, Hollywood Hills,

6300 Forest Lawn Drive

Los Angeles, CA 90068

Phone: 800-204-3131

Additional Details:

1. The memorial will be in the Hall of Liberty. No photography or videography will be allowed in the Hall.

2. While the Roddenberry Family appreciates your kind wishes and wants to share the celebration of Majel Roddenberry's life with all that knew and loved her, they ask that you respect this time of mourning and their privacy after the service.

3. We would love to know how many people to expect. If you plan on attending, please add your name to our list. This does not reserve a place for you at the service. It's merely a means for which we can calculate how many people will be attending.

4. The attire for the memorial is business casual. (As Majel hated anything bland, please feel free to dress colorfully in her honor.)

Darkchilde

Επίσης όσοι στείλατε συλληπητήριο e-mail, ελπίζω να λάβατε απάντηση όπως εγώ και με το MBR Memory folder αρχείο.

Πάντως έμεινα έκπληκτη που απαντήσανε, έστω και με κάποιο κοινό e-mail στους fans που στείλανε συλληπητήριο e-mail.

Oberon

Nαι, και γω το έλαβα αν και μου έβγαζε κάποιο error!

Και πράγματι ήταν πολύ ωραίο να το στείλουν και να γράψουν τις ευχαριστίες προς τους φανς που τους έστειλαν συλληπητήρια.

Oberon
Ashes of "Star Trek" creator and wife rocketing to deep space

Mon Jan 26, 4:31 pm ET

SAN FRANCISCO (AFP) – Ashes of "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry and his actress wife will blast toward the far reaches of the cosmos in keeping with the show's famed opening line "Space, the final frontier."

Majel Roddenberry died in December, two months before her 77th birthday, and will posthumously fulfill a "dream of journeying through space with her husband," according to Celestis Inc, the US company behind the memorial flight.

Celestis sent some of Gene Roddenberry's ashes into orbit around the earth in a premier Founders Flight rocket launch in 1997.

Gene Roddenberry died six years earlier with a wish to explore space in keeping with characters in his adventure television show that first aired in the late 1960s and still has a strong cult following.

The rifle-cartridge sized canister of ashes, along with the remains of others onboard the rocket, was ostensibly burned into oblivion as it re-entered Earth's atmosphere.

"We are deeply honored to have flown Gene on our first mission, and to be entrusted by the Roddenberry family to fulfill Majel's dream of flying in space with her husband," said Celestis president Charles Chafer.

A launch date has yet to be determined.

Majel Roddenberry was remembered as "The First Lady of Star Trek" due to her close relationship to her husband and roles in many "Star Trek" film and television episodes.

She played Nurse Chapel in the "Star Trek" television shows and had parts in other classic programs including "Leave it to Beaver" and "The Lucy Show."

"Star Trek" fans can visit the Celestis.com website to submit messages to accompany the couple into space.

"Celestis will be fulfilling a pledge made to my mother in 1995," said the couple's son, Eugene Roddenberry.

"To launch both my mother and father together, side by side, and carry their spirits, memories, and the message of their life's work into the cosmos on an infinite journey into deep space."

The ashes of "Star Trek" actor James Doohan, who played the USS Enterprise's chief engineer Montgomery "Scotty" Scott, were sent into space in April 2007.

Tα bold letters είναι δικά μου. Και ναι, θα στείλω και γω μήνυμα. Ίσως κάτι παρόμοιο με εκείνο που έστειλα σαν συλληπητήριο...

Spock

Θα στείλω κι εγώ, όπως τότε με τον Σκόττυ...

Spock

Ένας χρόνος πέρασε από τη μέρα που χάσαμε τη μεγάλη κυρία του Star Trek. Θλιβερή η επέτειος, πάντα όμως γλυκές οι αναμνήσεις και το πέρασμά της αξέχαστο.