The 'Three Scene' Method

Βάρδος

OK, just for Holbrook (and for anyone else who might find this useful) this is a method of keeping up your momentum and continuity. It was given to me by David Gemmell and, having tried it myself, I can vouch for it. I'm sure he won't mind my sharing it with other writers.

Assume you are through early planning of your book and are now into the scene by scene drafting. What you might find you need is some way of rattling along, giving yourself daily deadlines, a start every morning and a sense of satisfaction every evening. Try this:

At the outset, plan three consecutive scenes. After that, the method is simple. On day one, write one whole scene and begin the next one but don't finish it. Lastly, plan the next scene (the fourth, so to speak).

Then, next day, read through what you've done, mark edits etc if that's what you do on first read. That'll give you a start into the scene you began yesterday. Finish the scene. Begin writing the next but don't finish it. Plan another scene (the fifth...).

And so on. It's a good, solid method for keeping yourself focused. The reason you're always planning two scenes ahead, by the way, is that it's always a good idea to know more just the next thing you are planning to write. Gives you breathing space and keeps you looking forwards.

There you go. All plaudits to the great man himself. Won't work for everyone of course but there you go.

NOM

Από εδώ.

ΝΟΜ είναι ο James Barclay.)

Χε! Έξυπνο:p Και γω κάτι τέτοιο κάνω, όχι με σκηνές, αλλα με παραγράφους. :rolleyes:

Καλό, επειδή τελειώνοντας την μια σκηνή έχεις πάρει φόρα και γράφεις πιο άνετα την αρχή της επόμενης και την επόμενη έχεις από κάπου να αρχίσεις που κάνει την συγγραφή πιο εύκολη (ξεπερνόντας την αμηχανία μπροστά στο "λευκό χαρτί"), μόνο πως υπάρχει ο κίνδυνος, έχοντας μόνο 3 σκηνές τη φορά στο μυαλό σου, να παρεκλίνεις λίγο από την μεγάλη εικόνα.

Nihilio: "Assume you are through early planning of your book and are now into the scene by scene drafting"

Υποτιθεται οτι μιλαμε για την περιπτωση που εχεις κανει ενα γενικο πλανο αλλα θελεις να κανεις Σκηνες.Περιπου το γνωστο κολπο με τις αλλεπαλληλες σκηνες που ειχαμε πει σε αλλο τοπικ.Απλα εδω δινει μια συμβουλη για το που να σταματας τη σκηνη ωστε να κρατας το ενδιαφερον οχι μονο του αναγνωστη αλλα και του εαυτου σου.Κατι τετοιο εκανα κι εγω σε ενα διηγημα.Ειναι καλη μεθοδος πιστευω.

Αν μια μερα εχεις ορεξη κανε 4,5 σκηνες αντι 3,5.Δεν πιστευω να εχει μεγαλη διαφορα.