One more day/Brand new day

Nihilio

Από το: http://www.nypost.com/seven/12292007/news/...ngs__153114.htm

(Προσοχή - Ακολουθούν Spoilers

SPIDEY SWINGS!

SUPERHERO SMOKES MARY JANE

December 29, 2007 -- Spider-Man's a swingin' single again - and his fans aren't too happy that he's back on the market.

In a highly controversial move, Marvel Comics has wiped out the friendly neighborhood wall crawler's longtime marriage to Mary Jane Watson, reverting the perpetually put-upon Peter Parker to a 20-something bachelor who lives at home with his elderly Aunt May.

The wife-out took place in the pages of the Amazing Spider-Man No. 545, which hit comic-book stores yesterday.

In it, the publisher's devil character, Mephisto, offers to save the life of Peter's always ailing ancient aunt if he and Mary Jane turn their back on their love and history together.

"You two will no longer be married. Because you two will never have been married. It simply never happened," Mephisto tells the pair, who tied the knot back in 1987, or about five years ago in comic-book time.

The devil also throws in a promise to make Spidey's secret identity secret again, since May had been put at death's door by an assassin looking to take out Peter Parker, who went public with his alter ego last year.

Mephisto said he was offering the your-marriage-or-your-aunt deal because Spidey's relationship with MJ "is the rarest love of all. Pure, unconditional and made Holy in the eyes of He who I hate most. A love like yours comes about but once in a millennia and to take that away from Him . . . is a victory like none other imaginable."

While the move wipes out their past, MJ predicted they'd find a way to have a future.

"We'll find each other again, and we'll be together again. I know we will, and I'm always right about these things, right?" she tells her hubby before the deal is consummated.

Fans who'd invested decades in the relationship were outraged by the supernatural annulment.

"So," reader "jdniu197" wrote on a marvel.com message board, "every single [issue] that I have ever read never happened? Thanks alot [sic] guys. I really appreciate having a company that I've given a lot of money to over the years crap all over me. I guess I'm not the 'target demographic' anymore. . . . Good luck on future spidey stories."

Another, "jeffgamer," wrote: "The Spider-Man I've loved and read about for 34 years is dead now.

"No matter how well written or well drawn what comes next may or may not be, it is being built upon the corpse of something that I, and many other readers, cared about deeply."

Μέχρι στιγμής οι αναγνώστες χαίρονται να κράζουν τη Μάρβελ και ο συγγραφέας JM Straczynski και ο editor in chief της Marvel/σχεδιαστής J Quessada ρίχνουν ο ένας το μπαλάκι στον άλλο με δηλώσεις τους σε διάφορα sites, ενώ το Amazing Spiderman βγαίνει πια τρεις φορές το μήνα με νέα δημιουργική ομάδα (με τους δύο άλλους Spider τίτλους που ανέκαθεν το συνόδευαν να ακυρώνονται).

Και ένα preview της Λαμπρής Νέας Μέρας:

Statusquo.jpg

Καλά αυτό με τα reset το έχουνε γενικώς αυτές οι εταιρείες... Τι να πεί κανείς! Αυτό είναι το πιο εύκολο να γίνει. Βέβαια, με τον τρόπο που το κάνανε, ούτε Green Goblin & Hobgoblin δεν υπάρχουν ακόμα στο Marvel Universe, οπότε αρκετά πράγματα όχι μόνο στο Spiderman αλλά και σε άλλα σημεία είναι άκυρα. Το όλο θέμα θα έχει προεκτάσεις σε όλο το Marvel Universe, αν και μάλλον πάνε να τα ξανακάνουν μαύρο χάλι, και να κάνουν ένα γενικό reset σε όλο το Universe ως συνήθως...

:aangry: Σε συνδιασμό και με τα πιο πρόσφατα από τις άλλες κυκλοφορίες, τελείως γιουχουχά η Marvel, πλέον. Άιντε-άιντε...

Καλά αυτό με τα reset το έχουνε γενικώς αυτές οι εταιρείες... Τι να πεί κανείς! Αυτό είναι το πιο εύκολο να γίνει. Βέβαια, με τον τρόπο που το κάνανε, ούτε Green Goblin & Hobgoblin δεν υπάρχουν ακόμα στο Marvel Universe, οπότε αρκετά πράγματα όχι μόνο στο Spiderman αλλά και σε άλλα σημεία είναι άκυρα. Το όλο θέμα θα έχει προεκτάσεις σε όλο το Marvel Universe, αν και μάλλον πάνε να τα ξανακάνουν μαύρο χάλι, και να κάνουν ένα γενικό reset σε όλο το Universe ως συνήθως...

To αστείο είναι ότι την ιστορία συνήθως την ξαναγράφει η DC, με τη Marvel να κρατά σχεδόν όλες τις ιστορίες που έχουν γραφεί από τα 60's και μετά σχεδόν απαράλλαχτες (ΟΚ, υπάρχει βέβαια και ο Sentry και τα infinity, αλλά εκεί μιλάμε για ειδικές περιπτώσεις, όχι για 20 χρόνια x 12 μήνες ο χρόνος x 3-6 τεύχη το μήνα - που παρόλα αυτά συνέβησαν αλλά κανένας δε τα θυμάται)